What & Why & How of the Fast Track
What: The Fast Track is an intensive course where swimmers attend for a 45 minute lesson each day.
Why: Compressed lesson experiences (5 lessons in a week; up to 4 hours swimming in 5 days) can often result in accelerated results and achievements, and can also more-quickly consolidate skills learning.
How: As with any well-delivered swim education programme, the course should include a range of activities appropriate to age and ability level of the swimmers. However, any course should also be driven by a recurring theme than runs throughout the week and arises every day. A course can contain 2 themes, examples of themes:
- Focus on 1 or 2 strokes
- Focus on aspects of technical aspects or generic technical elements in strokes of how to perform strokes; i.e. Body Positioning, Streamlining, Leg Kicking, Arm Pulling etc.
- Focus on subsidiary skills; Diving, Watermanship etc.
- Focus on key elements that have been identified as requiring attention in usual weekly lessons.
- Initial re-assessment on the first day of the course to check what the children need to work on for the rest of the week.
- 5 days of thrills and skills
- Excites and delights and lots of fun
- Includes tests, challenges and targets each day
- Daily updates from teachers on progress made each day by the swimmers
All delivered in a LIVELY manner!
This is our first experience of the swim school - the quality of staff and their engagement is exemplary. Without a doubt the best teaching we have experienced and Florence has made tremendous progress.
Exceptional teaching! We are so proud of all the girls have achieved this week, it has been wonderful to see how much they have loved every moment! Emily's confidence has soared and we have been so impressed with the teachers enthusiasm and energy and the focus from getting the best from each child. Fantastic teachers who adapt to each child's needs. Evie has also absolutely loved her week, who she adores and is very keen to impress. Evie has made great progress and really worked on her technique. Thank you for all your focus, passion and energy! A fantastic week, thank you!!
I am hugely impressed with the high quality of the course. The teachers communicate brilliantly with the children. The way the session is structured allows the swimmers to develop stamina. We have since signed Jake up for weekly lessons with the swim school.
Excellent swimming lessons. I can tell how Eleanor has improved her swimming and is more confident in the water. She has been talking about doing another holiday course in the next half term when available, which shows that she really enjoyed it.